Two-storied house, built on top of an escarpment, in front of 6,51 acres of forest. Superb panoramic view of Mount Orford and Silver Lake.
The two parts of the house were built at different times :
- the smallest quadrangle, on the forest side, was a prefabricated house and was mounted in 1977;
- the larger quadrangle, facing the mountain, was erected in 1985 by Eastman carpenters.
The eastern wall of the house is the façade; it has no door on the ground floor since it opens on a 10 feet wide stretch of lawn, leading down to the escarpment. However it has a door on its second floor, which gives onto a balcony. The southern side has a door on the ground floor which leads to a patio. The western wall has a door on the ground floor connecting it to a closed-in veranda with many windows; this veranda has its own door on its south wall leading to a double garage and a workshop. The northern side has a door on the ground floor which gives access to a parking area and a shelter for firewood large enough to hold about 16 cords of wood (1 cord is defined as 4 x 8 = 32 sqare feet of 16 inch long logs).
The house has two heating systems :
- electricity controlled by rheostat;
- two cast iron stoves which burn wood; so far, the firewood has been obtained from the forest that is part of the property.
The water supply comes from two sources :
- the municipal aqueduct;
- a private 12-foot deep surface well, fed by underground springs, located at 107 feet from the north-west corner of the house in the northern direction. (The well is shown on the « certificat de localisation ».)
The basemen-cum-cellar has a cement floor and some walls covered with gypsum boards. The 1977 basement contains a large freezer sold with the house; in 1985 an opening was cut out in its cement eastern wall in order to give access to the additional basement. An extended rack for wine bottles stands against the entire western wall of that basement, and the southeast corner of the foundations sits on a protruding large piece of solid rock that juts out into the room through the cement floor.
An outbuilding, detached from the house, has a surface area larger than the house surface; it consists of
- the double garage (7,20 m x 5,52 m = 39,744 m2 et 9,80 m x 5,58 m = 54,684 m2) heated with propane gas;
- the spacious workshop (10,45 m x 6,11 m = 63,85 m2) also heated with propane gas and equipped with various tools, some of which could be sold with the house.
It must be noted that around the various buildings there is plenty of room for additional parking.
Adjacent to the southern side of the 1985 wing of the house, a wood patio offers shade, unique forest smells and a magnificent panoramic view of Mount Orford and Silver Lake.
- Aluminium Siding
- Wood stove
- Raised panel oak
- Double sink
- Purification field
- Septic tank
- Cedar wardrobe
- Ceiling fixtures
- Half bath on the ground floor
- Walk-in closet
- Separate Shower
- Partially finished
Renovations and upgrades:
- 9ft ceilings
- Coffered ceiling
- Garage door opener
Parking / Driveway:
- With electrical outlet
- Highway access
- No backyard neighbors
- Residential area
- Panoramic view
- Mountain geography
- Mature trees
- Financial institution
Near Health Services:
- Medical center
Near Educational Services:
- Elementary school
Near Recreational Services:
- Bicycle path