One-of-a-kind bright and beautiful 2-storey cottage, built to last in 1937 and completely renovated with taste and quality over the years. The luminous house, with windows on all sides, hosts impressively large rooms and much storage space.
This majestic brick home, affectionately nicknamed "Green Gables" for its sheet-metal roofing and its overall charm will seduce and bless you year-round with its impressive all-around balcony and its warm backyard terrace, sunny from sunrise until sunset.
The house sits on a large 7,500 sq. ft. fenced lot, landscaped with mature trees such as oak trees and lilacs. It hosts a 18 X 20 ft. heated garage, equipped to welcome higher voltage running specialized machinery and an asphalt entryway that easily parks up to six cars.
In walking distance of:
- The grocery story, the pharmacy, the corner store, medical and dental clinics and more
- Public transportation bus stops to downtown Montreal, south shore terminals and main commercial centres
- Kindergartens, elementary schools, parks and public pools
A few minutes drive to:
- Main shopping centres such as Dix30, Promenades and Champlain Mall plus main commercial streets such as Taschereau and Cousineau
- High schools and private colleges
- Highway 10, 132 and 30
The property's main perks
- A 18 X 20 ft. detached garage, added in 2004, heated and functional year-round. Includes a 240 volt / 50 amp. plug for specialized machinery.
- The concrete driveway spans on the full width of the property facade and easily parks 6 cars.
- The all-around 132 ft wooden balcony is completely covered and is 4 feet wide on 3 sides, 11 feet wide at the back. Apart from being charming, it pushes back snow and rain. The balcony connects to a 15.5 X 16.5 ft. terrace.
- The top floor holds the master bedroom with a large cedar closet and a secondary bedroom. The basement holds two closed bedrooms including one that is considered a double bedroom (Bedroom 4 + 5), fully renovated.
- The main floor's water closet holds a large 2 ft X 5 ft closet pantry. Storage closets are also included under both stairways.
- The 2nd level bathroom hosts a antique bath and charming feel.
- Indoor doors are made of stained pine wood.
- The well-lit basement is completely renovated, floors are made of engineering wood. It holds a large family room and two closed bedrooms (including a double room) as well as a bathroom equipped with a large 25 sq. ft. shower.
- The open space living quarters on main floor include the living room, the kitchen, the dining room, the laundry room, the entrance, the storage closet and the water closet as well as 3 doors (front, side, back patio door) to access the balcony.
- With windows on all sides, the house truly fills up with natural light. Its classic woodwork adds a timeless charm to this dream home.
- The convivial kitchen has stained pine pantries (melamine inside), ceramic floors, counters and backsplashes and opens on on a spacious dining room and closeted laundry room. It offers all the space you need to cook and host guests.
Main renovations include:
- Terrace repainted and front staircase redone in 2019.
- Heating system on main floor modified in 2019.
- Window coverings, lighting fixtures and basement floors installed in 2015.
- Electricity redone in 2015 (including adding a 240 volt/50 amp plug in the heated garage).
- Chubb security system installed in 2015.
- Water heater changed in 2010 (coming to terms).
- PVC windows and doors changed in 2007 and 2010.
- Garage built in 2004.
- Foundation and brick redone in 1985.
Available for immediate occupancy.
- Sheet metal
- Soft wood
- Engineered wood
- Pine cabinets
- Double sink
- Central vacuum
- Cedar wardrobe
- Ceiling fixtures
- Window coverings
- Half bath on the ground floor
- Alarm system
- Claw Foot Bathtub
- Ceramic Shower
- Totally finished
Renovations and upgrades:
- Decorative Columns
- Crown moulding
- External facing
- French doors
Parking / Driveway:
- With electrical outlet
- Highway access
- Near park
- Residential area
- Public transportation
- Flat geography
- Watering system
- Financial institution
- Shopping Center
Near Health Services:
- Medical center
Near Educational Services:
- Elementary school
- High School
Near Recreational Services:
- Bicycle path
- Pedestrian path
- Swimming pool