Beautiful organic farm with endless potential for hobby or professional farmers, nature lovers, and outdoor enthusiasts.
Heritage log home with beautiful timber frame addition (2006) on 102 acres of mixed land (37 cleared, 65 forested).
Certified organic and well managed for over two decades, includes all of the infrastructure needed to start and run a market garden.
Over 2000 sq. ft living space includes 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, office, and commercial processing kitchen.
- Heritage Log home with 2006 timber frame addition. Over 2000 sq. ft. of living space
- 2 full bathrooms (upstairs bathroom includes new washer/dryer)
- 4 bedrooms
- Living room/Dining room with patio door to outdoor deck
- Front entry cloakroom/office. Side Entry Mudroom.
- Walk-out basement
- Hot water baseboard heat - outdoor wood boiler with electric back-up.
- 102.5 acres total. approx. 65 forest, 37 cleared.
- Diverse forest including streams, wetlands, rock formation, providing beautiful hiking opportunities.
- 2 large spring-fed irrigation ponds
- Areas of sandy soil and heavier clay soil for different crop types.
- Certified organic since 2003
- Over 15 acres of cultivated fields which have been certified organic since 2003 (management, crop, and soil records available)
- 5 acres currently in production with excellent fertility and weed management practices
- Greenhouse: 100' by 30' movable high tunnel, which produces from April to January
- Heated 40' by 25' propagation greenhouse with seedling tables, a propane heater, automatic ventilation, and crop production raised beds
- Root Cellar: 40' by 8' root cellar with 20' of it insulated, refrigerated cold room. Perfect conditions for vegetable storage year-round
- Wash/Pack: 20' by 40' covered wash/pack area, with frost-free hydrant, soaking tubs, spray tables and pack tables
- Commercial Kitchen: fully functioning processing kitchen with 4 burner propane stove, oven and cooktop, commercial fridge, triple sink, and floor drainage.
- Barn: Log barn with attached steel shed, chicken coop, frost-free hydrant, haymow.
- 35 minutes to Aylmer, 60 minutes to downtown Ottawa/Gatineau
- 10 Minutes to Shawville (gas, grocery, pharmacy, hardware, hospital, restaurants, etc.)
- 10 minutes to Quyon ferry
- 7 Minutes to Norway bay (beach, boat launch, golf)
- Around the corner from the PPJ Cycloparc (cycling, walking, jogging in the summer, snowmobiling in the winter.)
- Choice of excellent French and English schools within 10 km
- Kind and supportive traditional farming community.
- Cedar shingles
- Wood stove
- Laundry room
- Cold room
- Septic tank
- Soaker bath
- Claw Foot Bathtub
- Separate entrance
- Crawl space
Renovations and upgrades:
Parking / Driveway:
- Double drive
- Highway access
- No backyard neighbors
- Panoramic view
- Mature trees
- Financial institution
Near Health Services:
- Medical center
Near Educational Services:
- Elementary school
- High School
- Middle School
Near Recreational Services:
- Golf course
- ATV trails
- Bicycle path
- Pedestrian path