BEAUTIFUL COTTAGE STYLE HOUSE ON MAGNIFICIENT GRAND LAKE - REVISED PRICE!
Wonderful small family domain (1 1/2 acre) isolated on the uniquely beautiful, private and exclusive Grand Lake in Val-Des-Monts, QC. within 30 mins. Gatineau/ 35 mins. Ottawa.
Situated at the base of a mountain, the cottage style house (4 seasons) offers 116 feet of waterfront on Grand Lake, known for its amazing beauty, rocky shores, and most importantly clear/clean lake. A large lakefront dock and elevated lakeside terrace offer wonderful views!
The house is not immediately at the water's edge for those who absolutely desire a view of the lake in the summer from home (the house is 150 feet from the edge) because of the trees. There is, however, a very nice view from the lake terrace and the dock. You can also see the lake 6 months a year when the leaves have fallen! This property is ideal and safe for a family with young children as it is away from the water and offers plenty of space for play around the house!
The house is an open concept and many large windows fill the space with light. The house offers tranquillité and calm, as it has no neighbors on three sides. It is rare to have property on the lake and have neighbours only on one side. The master bathroom and house deck have just been fully renovated and much of the house repainted. The house is also available mostly furnished or not. It is, in fact, turnkey - Ready to move in!
This domain has no close neighbors, a large parking area (plus an additional one) and a flat area suitable for recreation (volleyball, croquet, horseshoes, etc.). Grand Lake is a private lake as opposed to most lakes in the area. Unless invited, no one can access the lake which ensures quietness and a clean lake! It covers an area of 377 hectares and is located next to MacArthur and MacGregor lakes, with boating access to Green and Dam lakes. The road to the lake is kept in excellent condition year-round (yes and better in winter than in town!) to ensure that many full-time residents are able to use it at any time as well as for their security. A co-op road association takes care of the road for a yearly minimal fee.
See also the aerial photos on website Remax Vyncent Ledoux: http://maisons.remax-vision.ca/fr/Cottage-Maison-%C3%A0-%C3%A9tages-Ch-Denzil-Val-des-Monts/28578059.html?alias=mes-proprietes
- Eighteen-foot cathedral ceiling in main living area; second-floor mezzanine
- Large windows on two levels
- 4 bedrooms (including loft above garage which can also includes dining space and sitting area. It is insulated, heated and can be used all year.
- 2 full ensuite bathrooms
- Living space: 1,500sf
- Full kitchen with a small island
- Woodstove (can heat the house in winter)
- Ceramic floor radiant heating and some baseboards in rooms
- Comfortable and cozy screened 3-season solarium (11 x 11) and large renovated deck
- Semi-finished basement (framed and dry-walled) including 200 amp breaker panel and a separate panel for a generator
- Alarm system
- Septic tank (750 gallons) and with leaching field
- Well with spring water: 250 feet deep
- Large, detached, insulated garage with enough space for 2 cars (29 x19)
- Hot and cold water in the garage at laundry tub
- Garage has its own 200 amp breaker panel and lights for shop
- Storage shed behind the garage (12 x 7 with electricity)
- - Large frontage
- - Elevated terrace by the lake: 24 x 10; Lockable storage for water toys below
- - Cedar dock: 40-foot long for swimming and/or boating. New built in 2014.
- Private road, well-maintained by lake owners, allowing 4-season access.
- Recycling and garbage pick-up
- TV and Phone as well as internet services available (internet 25 MB download speed)
- Canada Post Community mailbox
Nearby Recreation and Services:
- Boating/tubing/water skiing
- Fishing (bass, trout, perch, pike and many more)
- Sailing Races
- Kayaking and canoeing
- 2 walking trails on Crown Land at the north end of Grand Lake available to all residents
Grocery, elementary and secondary schools, hardware store, gas, and propane refilling station in Perkins and St. Pierre de Wakefield. The house is also near both downhill and skiing, skidoo/ATV trails, Mont Cascade, Edelweiss, Arbraska Lafleche Adventure caves, and zip lines; golf; etc.
20 min. to riverfront destination village of Wakefield
- Wood stove
- Heated floor
- Wooden cabinets
- Double sink
- Laundry room
- Purification field
- Septic tank
- Ceiling fixtures
- Alarm system
- Bath and shower
- Ceramic Shower
- Separate Shower
- Partially finished
Renovations and upgrades:
- Garage door opener
Parking / Driveway:
- Crushed Gravel
- With electrical outlet
- Highway access
- Near park
- No backyard neighbors
- Residential area
- Panoramic view
- Mountain geography
- Mature trees
- Shopping Center
Near Health Services:
Near Educational Services:
- Elementary school
- High School
Near Recreational Services:
- Golf course
- Sports center
- ATV trails
- Ski resort
- Bicycle path
- Pedestrian path
Near Tourist Services:
- National Park