NOTE: If you are a real estate agent with a specific client and would collaborate with us , contact us. We will not discuss a contract for representation.
DOMAINE DÉSIRABLE - a rare opportunity. This is an ideal retirement/family project and you can work into it gradually. In the first year or two you maintain the tubing system and the forest and sell your sap; there is strong demand for organic maple sap. The purchaser of the sap is responsable for tapping, removal of the taps and the annual cleaning of the tubing system after the season. When you are ready and have the time start making syrup; it's not that difficult and you will find that friends and family are very happy to help. About an hour from Québec, Lévis and Drummondville.
Sugarbush - Cottage - Refuge
An easily accessible island of peace and quiet in les Bois Francs that provides lots of opportunity for constructive exercise and a beautiful environment to relax in afterwards; all year round.
Le MRC de l'Érable would consider an application for the construction of a house on the property.
Fifty-four acres of land, of which 33 are sugarbush, 17 are softwood forest and 4 are open pasture.
- Average annual production is +/- 13,000 pounds. Contingent for 2022 crop was 13,917 pounds.
- Certified Organic (Ecocert) and conforms to the California Agreement. Member of Citadelle, maple syrup producer's cooperative. Barrels are furnished free of charge.
- 33 acres of well maintained maple forest, about 80% hardwood sugar maples and 20% softwood maples.
- About 4000 taps plugged into a well maintained tubing system with nine mainlines dropping down to a pumping station 400 ft. from the cabane.
- Pumping station: two 1000 gallon stainless tanks for sap collection, an extractor with 2 hp submersed pump (Airablo - 2017), 5hp vacuum pump (Airtech from CDL - 2019), large moisture trap (CDL - 2019). New 1hp pump to transfer sap to the cabane. All switches and controls are new and electronic.
- Cabane: 5X15 oil fired Waterloo evaporator (1995) completely rebuilt, inside and out (Tôle Innox - 2018). Separate room for a two membrane separator (Lapierre - 2009), Lapierre pan washer, 7 inch filter press , double tank siroptier, 1400 gallons filtra storage, 1000 gallons sap storage, 400 gallons refrigerated concentrate storage. Large well-equipped workshop. About 1800 square feet.
- Garage for équipement: Sheet metal - 20ft X 30ft.
- Equipment: Two trailers, Yamaha Grizzly ATV, John Deere 42 inch lawn tractor, Wallenstein hydraulic log splitter, two Jonsered portable brush cutters, a chain saw and all the tools necessary for maintaining the tube system.
- This truly a turn-key operation, it is very well-equipped and completely ready right now for the 2023 season.
The living area of this cabane consists of an open concept living room, dining area and kitchen, with a bathroom, pantry and 3 bedrooms (one over the living room and two over the workshop) for a total of about 1050 square feet. It comes fully equipped as follows:
- Eight quality appliances
- Wood burning fireplace and kitchen stove, electric baseboard heaters plus a heat pump/AC.
- Five good beds
- Two BBQs (1 propane/1 charcoal)
- Good cellular reception, high speed wifi (Xplornet), alarm system
In 2017 the outside walls of this residential area were insulated with 4 inches of polyurethane foam and covered with 1/2 inch plywood and vinyl siding. In 2018 a new steel roof was installed.
This residential section is in move in condition.
Covid : We have made every effort to ensure that this ad gives you all the details required to evaluate this property. Visits are by appointment only and should be restricted to those who might consider an offer. This will be a sale the shares of my company that owns the sugarbush, not a sale of assets. All offers should be accompanied by a $25,000 deposit.
- Separate Shower
- Cast concrete
- Wooden dunnage
- Vinyl Siding
- Wood stove
- 200 amps
- Breakers panel
- Air Conditioning
- With Residence
- Purification Field
- Fire Detector
- External Lighting
- External Warehouse
- Septic Tank
- Blinds and/or Curtains
- Alarm System
- Walk-in closet
- Window coverings
- External facing
Parking / Driveway:
- Crushed Gravel
- Black soil
- No backyard neighbors
- Residential area
- Mature trees