One of a kind eco-home on a quiet dead-end road surrounded by natural beauty on all sides. Located just 5 minutes outside the sleepy little town of Mansonville, Quebec.
- 100% hydronic hot water heated floors throughout home on both levels. Zero radiators and zero drafts!
- Very low on-going maintenance (metal roof; no paint/stain ever required on outside of structure); Zero-maintenance Enviroseptic waste water system; concrete polished floors on both levels; geothermal hydronic heating on both floors / no forced air fans to maintain or air filters to replace; dedicated heat-recovery air exchanger with hepa filter with rigid piping; easy access to water and plumbing for all appliances and fixtures throughout the house).
- Perfect for someone looking to retire and/or run a small BnB. Also great for individuals who want a place to house additional family members in complete privacy.
- Located in the vast municipality of Potton offering lots of peace and quite and an abundance of nature.
- Metro Richelieu (with SAQ outlet), CLSC & Familiprix pharmacy located in town only 5 minutes away with easy access to a family doctor.
- 15 minutes from Owl's Head with views from property of Jay Peak and the Green Mountain Nature Preserve.
2018 upgrades include:
- Radon mitigation system.
- Italian porcelain tiles: Master bedroom, vestibule/laundry room & master bathroom (all on upper level).
- High end heating cables on roof at back of house as a preventative measure.
Most recent upgrades:
- New larger covered dock on sunny side of pond.
- Completely cleaned forest throughout with extensive trail system.
- New 100A electrical added to car port with supply going all the way to dock (2x15a120v, 1x30a220v).
- Added aeration system to pond.
- Added meditation platform next to rock face.
- Added waterfall to rock face (using newly installed electric from meditation platform)
Beautiful 13' deep private pond perfect for taking a dip on hot sunny days with natural rock face and completely in tune with nature. Designed to blend in nicely with its surroundings with lots of mature trees and view of mountains to the west. Nothing like it anywhere in the area.
This is a very recent construction completed end of 2015. You pay no GST or PST.
Don't forget to check out the 360 degree view of our wide open cathedral roof which showcases the great room, living room and kitchen areas.
Current income of 70-75K per year renting out entire upper chalet as well as extra guest bedroom on lower level. This leaves the entire lower level suite for your own personal use if desired.
- Make even more income renting out entire house including lower level suite.
- Design also allows you to run a bed and breakfast by serving meals on upper level. Layout provides an easy way to cordon off private areas while allow guests full access to the great room, wash closet as well as both balconies.
- Registered with municipality as a multi-generational dwelling allowing for second kitchen on lower level.
- Current Airbnb listings at https://www.airbnb.ca/users/31547510/listings .
Asking price reflects the large investment made in quality materials and features.
Over $400K+ in materials costs alone back in 2015 not including labor. High end investments were made in areas which matter most.
- Geo-thermal radiant heated concrete floors on both levels, super-insulated walls and ceiling costing a mere $180 per month in electricity to operate (includes 100% of all heating / cooling, hot water, lighting and appliances). We are constantly rented year-round.
- 12" solid high-density Styrofoam roof with standing-seam galvanized metal finish. Both levels have hydronic geothermal heated polished concrete floors with a total of 5 separate heating zones providing an unmatched level of comfort.
- Dedicated rigid ducting air-exchanger. Zero external drafts of any kind throughout the home. Meticulously sealed to prevent air leakage.
- Naturally maintained humidity levels year round between 45 and 55%. Building envelope is designed to breath slowly preventing interior air from being to humid or dry.
- All exterior above-grade wall structures are designed to breath preventing trapped moisture including exterior wood cladding which has "Eco Wood Treatment" applied to both the front and back surfaces.
- CertainTeed's Membrain vapor retarder on interior side of wall structures instead of the standard vapor barrier found in almost all homes. An intelligent membrane which seals up tight in high humidity conditions and becomes porous in dry conditions allowing any trapped moisture to easily escape.
- Two solid layers of Roxul Comfortboard installed on both sides of exterior walls with 5 1/2" of Roxul Comfortbatt within 2x6 studs centered at 24".
- Enviroseptic waste water system which is completely passive and requires no electricity, no moving parts and no maintenance (http://www.enviro-septic.com).
- Performance that far exceeds current nova-climate standards.
- 19 foot cathedral ceiling and vast open spaces (40,000+ cubic foot).
- Lots of strategically placed soundproofing.
Brightly lit with natural light throughout the day. Extensive use of interior windows on upper level allows light to pass easily throughout entire floor. Designed with both passive heating and cooling in mind. Massive pergolas installed above both patios and grand room picture windows block most of the radiant heat in summertime while allowing it to shine in all winter long. Windows and patio doors are oriented to capture prevailing winds when opened.
All floor, walls and trim surfaces have basic finishes applied and can be left naturally as is or easily painted/stained to suite your personal preferences. Design allows for easy installation a wood, gas or electric fireplace.
Included in sale:
- Induction cook-top, built-in stove & microwave, Dishwasher.
- 140+ year old 8' stained glass window with LED back-lighting.
- Upright PAX wardrobes in master bedroom, living room, and main entrance. Total of 3 units (1 double + 2 single width).
- Sheet metal
- Hot water
- Heated floor
- Thermoplastic cabinets
- Built-in oven
- Cooktop stove
- Water softener
- Central vacuum
- Laundry room
- Purification field
- Air exchanger
- Septic tank
- Ceiling fixtures
- B/I Microwave
- Window coverings
- Thermo-masseur bath tub
- Soaker bath
- Bath and shower
- Therapeutic bath
- Two sinks
- Ceramic Shower
- Separate Shower
- Totally finished
- Separate entrance
- Potential income
Renovations and upgrades:
Parking / Driveway:
- Crushed Gravel
- With electrical outlet
- Highway access
- Near park
- No backyard neighbors
- Mountain geography
- Mature trees
- Financial institution
Near Health Services:
- Medical center
- Health club / Spa
Near Educational Services:
- Elementary school
Near Recreational Services:
- Golf course
- ATV trails
- Ski resort
- Bicycle path
- Pedestrian path
Near Tourist Services:
- National Park
- Port / Marina